Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Restoration Birthday

Hi there! I have another quick birthday card to share with you today using some of that FABULOUS Restoration paper from the September Key Ingredients kit. I can't seem to stop using this kit and I'm amazed at how many projects I've already been able to create with the kit and I still haven't even used half of it!!


I kept this card pretty simple - I was literally finished in about 15 minutes!! - my favorite kind of card!! I used a Kraft cardstock base, but all of the other supplies on this card are included in the kit (well, besides the stamp set and cut file for the layered flower). I picked out 3 of my favorites from the patterned paper and cut some strips, adhering them to that beautifully textured coordinating plum cardstock with some zigzag stitching. I used my Silhouette to cut the layered flower from some more of the textured cardstock from the kit and added one of the large brads from the kit to the center. The stamped sentiment is from the In The Park stamp set from Taylored Expressions.

That's it. Like I said - nice and simple! The rest of the Key Ingredients Design Team has been sharing projects using the September Key Ingredients the past several weeks, so be sure to stop by their blogs to see what they've done with the kit:
Jessica Diedrich
Lisa Hjulberg
Lynn Put
Melody Rupple
Rosie Hughes
and of course Taylor VanBruggen

For those of you who may not already be familiar, Each month, Taylored Expressions mails out a new Key Ingredients Kit to subscribers. When you subscribe, not only do you receive your kit on your doorstep each month, you also get a 10% off coupon delivered to your inbox - good for anything in the TE store! We also have a special Key Ingredients Gallery full of fun project ideas using the kit.

OK, that's it from me today! Happy End of September!! (Wow - can that really be true!?)

6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This is sure a happy and colorful birthday card! Love it! :)

Karen Motz said...

This is stunning Jen!!! I love the simplicity and how the papers are really the star!!!!

Taylor said...

I love this card, Jen! So simple yet so stunning!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is GORGEOUS, Jen! LOVE the patchwork look of it accented w/ that GORGEOUS flower!!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

love that restoration line! great card and the flower is the perfect touch.

Gabby said...

I love, love this card! The vintagey looking papers on kraft carstock with a simple layer is so great! And that crinkled flower brings it all together for me! I signed up to follow your blog today! :)