Monday, February 21, 2011

SFYTT + TE + hybrid

So I have been itching to play with this month's Sketch For You to Try since I first laid eyes on it several weeks ago and finally had a chance to sit down and get crafty this weekend. I can tell you, this definitely will NOT be the last time you see this sketch on a card of mine!!


Isn't that fun!?


It seems we are being bombarded with little boy birthdays as of late and I'm in need of yet another, this time for an adorable 5-yr-old. When I saw the spinner game piece thing in the new It's All Fun and Games digi kit collab by Jenn Barrette, Julie Billingsley and Libby Pritchett (Sweet Shoppe) I knew it would be PERFECT for the sketch and I set out to create a fun hybrid card using printed digi papers along with that printed spinner game piece digi element! I added a sentiment from the Make a Wish stamp set (Taylored Expressions), and some pom pom trim and was done! A simple punched out black cardstock ring highlights the "5" on the spinner game piece to indicate that we're celebrating birthday #5!! Yeah, I'm a genius like that sometimes. LOL.

2 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, this totally screams fun! Perfect for a little boy!!! Those pompoms are awesome!

Rach said...

This is brilliant, what a wonderful design.xx