Saturday, April 23, 2011

WMS Mother's Day Card

I created my first Mother's Day card of the year yesterday. I used last week's Waltzingmouse Stamp's Sketch Challenge #43, but I didn't get it posted before the deadline. Oh well! I'm kind of loving the card - it's not my usual style, but that's what a challenge is for, right?


I used a label stamp from Vintage Labels 18 with the center cut out and the whole thing popped up on dimensionals so it's kind of like a frame. The DP is from Crate Paper - that yellow plaid is the back side of the floral print - and I wanted to use it on the inside of the label "frame". The sentiment is from Spring Baskets. I added some buttons (PTI), some machine stitching and a corrugated butterfly (Jillibean Soup) with the edges glass-glittered as embellishment and called it done!

Also, I've decided to go ahead and open an Etsy Shop and try selling some of my cards and other creations. I've never had much luck selling my stuff, so we'll see. But I do have this card listed HERE if anyone is interested.

That's it from me - I'll be back in about half a day with my Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge card so stay tuned!!

4 comments:

hanksmom said...

I love this card!

Esther said...

Beautiful, love the kraft butterfly!

Tiffany Temple said...

Pretty card! I'm just about to get busy on Mother's Day cards myself. Jen, your Etsy shop will ROCK!

Big Mama said...

Nice Mother's day card! I especially love the flowers in the background. Thanks for sharing.