Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Make a Page {Thursday} - Anniversary Edition

Well, I didn't get my Make a Page Monday post done on Monday, but I thought today was a good day to share a couple of very special layouts I created for my Dad's Tribute Album. Today would be my Mom and Dad's 39th Wedding Anniversary if my Dad were still living. It's kind of a bittersweet time with that AND my first Father's Day without my Dad just around the corner. But working on this album has been such a comfort to me. It is so nice to be able to remember my Dad before Alzheimer's came along and to see him smiling and happy in these photos!

So here are the layouts with credits below. The first one is of my parents on their wedding day, June 16, 1972. I'm actually not sure I'm loving this layout. Mostly it's those 2 large flowers (at the bottom of the photo but on top of the photo - the blue one and the pinkish-purplish one) - I think I need to get rid of one of them. The symmetry is distracting me. Or maybe make one smaller? It just looks weird right now. I don't know. All I see are those 2 big flowers. What do you think??

All available at Sweet Shoppe Designs:
Cindy's Layered Templates - Half Pack #3 by Cindy Schneider
Wonderful Tonight by Julie Billingsley and Jady Day Studio
Alpha from In His Footsteps by Traci Reed

And this one is of my parent's 35th Anniversary just a few short years ago (my parents are the people in the top photo) when they went to dinner at Spago's in Wailea to celebrate with sweet friends Jim and Linda who happen to share the same anniversary:

Template by BellaGypsy Designs (Gotta Pixel)
Note to Self by Zoe Pearn (Sweet Shoppe)

And that's it from me. I'll be back with a few card posts this weekend, so be sure to stop back by! Have a great day!! And thank you all for humoring me in the sharing of my scrapbooking layouts each week - your support keeps me motivated to continue working on this special project!!

1 comment:

Michelle Woerner said...

I would try making the pinkish one smaller than the blue. Then the symmetry would be perfect. Get the car last night? Let's chat soon!!