Saturday, August 25, 2012

Project Life Week 33

Well, even though I didn't get any feedback from my Project Life update earlier this week, I decided to go ahead and share another week anyway! So here I am with Week 33. I really liked how this week came together - I used lots of fun new products (both traditional and digi) and had some pretty fun photos to work with. Here's a look at the whole week:

 The right half of the layout features photos from a trip to the dentist - along with some journaling about that. I used one of my go-to embellishments on that journaling card - a piece of Wood Veneer People from Studio Calico, picked up at Two Peas. I also documented a movie Date Night with Joel (we went to see The Campaign, which was pretty funny, but not as good as we expected - sadly a little too close to reality I think). I've made it a goal this entire year to try to get myself into more photo, something I'm extremely uncomfortable with because I hate the way I look in photos. But I know (hope) that some day Dean will cherish these photos and won't care how photogenic I was. There are also photos of Dean with two of his lady friends.
 The right half of the page mostly documents a Saturday of adventure for Joel and me. Dean stayed with my Mom and Joel and I decided to play tourist for the day, driving all the way around the West Maui Mountains - something we haven't done in YEARS. I journaled about our adventure and added several of my favorite photos (including one of myself! YAY!).
 And how about some close-ups of a few of my favorites for this week...I asked Dean to fill out this journal card. I like documenting his handwriting in this album and this also captures his (strange in my opinion) obsession with Katy Perry (we have no idea where he got this. We pretty much only listen to NPR or Classic Rock).
 And this proud moment capturing Dean's first ever test - a spelling test that he aced!

 I love the way this 4x6 card a couple of instagrams from our Saturday adventure turned out. (and look! There I am again!! 3 photos of me in one week is a total record!).
 And this fun instagram journal card of Dean reading some Shel Silverstein - a common sight at our house!
I really do love this project so much. I'm filled with excitement each time I add another completed week to the album!

Products Used:






5 comments:

Brandi White said...

Love your layouts! Looks great. Cute journaling cards. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ashley Newell said...

I love this! I think I want to start PL, right in the middle of the year, like a rebel. :) I really really love the bit of the test and the journalling card with the song on it. What a perfect way to preserve who your child is right at this moment!

DragonflyBlissCardshop said...

I think this is a great project that I might like to undertake in January when hours at work are slim. This is such a cool idea...thank you for sharing!

Katie said...

Way to go on the spelling test! That was my hardest subject, good thing for spell check!

Charlotte said...

I love that you have included Dean's handwriting in your Lo! It will be so cute to look back at it in a few years! I love that you got yourself in the album too :)