Friday, January 11, 2013

Project Life 2013 Cover Page

It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do for my Cover Page, but once I received my Studio Calico Project Life Kit, it started to come together in my brain. I knew I wanted to use the little SC Wood Veneer People, and I thought I wanted a map of Maui (where we live) somehow with a geotag over Kahului. We took a family photo New Year's Day (that may or may not have been staged specifically for my Project Life Cover Page...), and I had already created a little pocket of sequins, Wood Veneer Stars, and some random confetti bits that I thought I might include. I sat down the other night and came up with this:


I'll be honest with you. I pretty much LOVE it. So far, one month in, I'm pretty happy with the Studio Calico Project Life kit. Most of the journal and filler cards on this page are from the kit. There were only maybe 2 or 3 vertically oriented 4x6 cards that I don't think I'll use (because I don't tend to use the vertical 4x6 pockets ever). Otherwise, I'm pretty sure just about all of the kit will get used. And those sneaky SC people coordinated it just enough with the scrapbook kit that I can still use my scrapbook kit with it too. So I haven't unsubscribed from that yet. We'll see how long I can stretch the craft budget to allow me to continue subscribing to both kits. Because I sometimes like to get an add-on and that is going to definitely add up!! But as I mentioned, I'm not spending much at all on stamps or other supplies, so I think it might all come out in the wash at the end of the month. We'll just have to wait and see. What supplies are you using for PL this year? Do you stick with just one of the PL Core Kits or do you like to mix and match other stuff? I did order the Seafoam Kit yesterday and got my shipping notice today, so hoping that arrives early next week!! YAY! So anyway, back to this cover page...Don't you love that "Hello, My Name Is" card? I used some of the Darling Dear Alphabet Wood Veneer to spell out each of our names, then wrote in our ages and what we do. (and thank you in advance for no smart-ass comments about the fact that I'm 6 years older than my husband. I'm well aware of that fact). When my son Dean saw this finished page, he commented about the 3 wood people, "Are those supposed to be us, Mommy? Because that lady has on a dress and you don't ever wear dresses". Nice.


It's hard to see it in the photo, but I used white Woodgrain Cardstock (from Studio Calico) with my Silhouette Cameo to cut the image of Maui. I added a little geotag sticker over the approximate location where we live. Simple and fun way to document your current residence. Pretty much all of the states are available as cut files in the Silhouette store. I purchased the state of Hawaii and then just deleted all of the other islands and sized Maui so it would just about fill a 4x6 space. Initially I thought about placing a small heart sticker over our town, but decided to go with the geotag instead. I still think the heart would have been cute too though.


And that's it for my 2013 Cover Page. What do you think? So glad to have it done and out of the way. Last year I found the cover pages to be the hardest things to do for some reason.

4 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

L.O.V.E. this, Jen! The colors are awwesome and I love the pouch with the sequins and stars! I'm still waiting on my darned Studio Calico PL kit. It is scheduled to arrive on Monday. I also subscribe to the main kit so I'm hoping that's all I need for PL. Thank you for inspiring me!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a cool cover, Jen. Love your little geotag map and the sweet enjoy the little things pocket. Oh, and your wood veneer family!! i just might have to take a look at the studio calico kits. I'm hoping to work on my cover page this week.

michelle said...

Awesome! I love the state cutout. May have to steal that, but I live in CO, so it will just look like a square. :) I really want a Silhouette now. Been doing PL for years and this year I'm getting a little crazy and want to join SC and CT kits, but a silhouette. Jeesh, this was supposed to be easy on my wallet (and space!). :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful cover page, Jen! I love your geotag and all the wood veneer pieces! I'm using the Seafoam kit (it just came today!) along with the SC PL kit, too. Can't wait to see more of your pages!