Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 3

Well, hello! I'm a little behind sharing my Project Life pages so here's a look at Week 3. I'll keep the blah blah blah to a minimum. I used my Seafoam kit, the Studio Calico Project Life kit as well as the Studio Calico Block Party kit and a few Geralyn Soy printables (found HERE). I've been displaced from my house for several days due to an ongoing renovation project that just got a little more complicated - we started in Dean's room and that is finally finished (Painting - I included the paint chip in this week's spread since the picking out of the paint for his room happened during Week 3, new furniture, and new bedding). But then we (and by "we" I actually mean my husband Joel since I don't tend to help with home improvement projects for a variety of reasons, most importantly the health of our marriage - ha! - not really kidding) started on the big project of 2013, which is to install solid bamboo flooring in our Great Room and hallway, removing the nasty 5-yr-old builder's grade carpet that Dean has done his best to destroy since the house was built 5 years ago! Anyway, moving on...here's a look at both sides of Week 3:


As I said before, I included the paint chip for the color we used on Dean's wall (the actual painting was done in Week 4). Week 3 also marked the beginning of a cold spell here in Hawaii with night-time lows right around 60 degrees (one night it even got down to 55 in Kahului!! CRAZINESS right there). We didn't know what to do with ourselves.


I kept things pretty simple this week. Photos and label stickers. The Week in Review is from Cathy Zielske's digi kit available at Designer Digitals. I get really excited when I use up every single sticker on a sticker sheet and I used all of those greenish-yellow label stickers that came in the Studio Calico Project Life kit. Very functional.


And that's it for Week 3. Week 4 is also done and in the album and I have most of Week 5 done. The current state of my house is slowing things down a bit.

I've also gone a little crazy this year and decided to tackle a Baby Project Life Album and have been {finally} printing and getting Dean's first year photos put into a PL binder, mostly using the Baby For Him kit. I'm keeping the embellishments to a minimum just to make it go together quicker, but I'm so excited to finally get those photos off of my computer and into an album! Does anyone have any interest in seeing those pages as well? I'm wondering if I should do a couple of Baby Project Life shares and just post a bunch of photos of the pages without much verbage? They are pretty self explanatory...

How is everyone else doing with Project Life? Still caught up? Behind already?

I'll be back Friday with a card to share and then plan to post my Week 4 this weekend! Mahalo for stopping by!

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

great pages Jen, I need to play more with printing out my journal cards, love how they look in your album.

Mendi M said...

I would love to see your baby PL pages! I'm about to start that myself. Sad that my 'baby' is 14!