Saturday, May 4, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 16

Moving backwards a bit, but playing catch-up and sharing Week 16, which includes photos from the last part of our vacation to San Diego...


The first half of our week we were still on vacation in San Diego. There is an adorable photo in the top right corner of the left side of Dean and his former babysitter, Sarah - longtime blog readers have probably heard me talk about Sarah before. Sarah used to live down the street from us on Maui and started babysitting Dean periodically (date nights, a few mornings a week in the summer, etc) when Dean was about 16 months old and Sarah had just turned 13. She is the sweetest teenager I have ever met. Sadly, Sarah moved off-island (to San Diego!) about 2.5 years ago just before Dean turned 4. Dean was SO UPSET, but Sarah comes back once or twice a year to visit family and their bond is as strong as ever. It is so sweet! And the first thing Dean asked to do when he found out we were going to San Diego was "See my Sarah!". So he got to spend an entire day with Sarah while the rest of us shopped! Of course, he cried for an hour after it was time to say good-bye. Sarah is 18 yrs old now and about to head off to college in the fall. We are so proud of her and so lucky to have her in Dean's life! Anyway, moving on...


I used a few things from Seafoam again (The top left "anchor card" as well as the quotation marks card). The left side of the layout covers Sarah and Dean's day together, my fun shopping trip, and an afternoon bowling! (We don't have bowling on Maui, so this was another thing on Dean's list of "must-do's" while on our trip). I also journaled about all the yummy places we ate on the "On the Menu" card, which is from the My Inventory pack by Emily Merritt.  The cute "Happy" card as well as the orange "This is our Adventure" on the right side of the layout are from Emily's Spring Break Cards. The flair on the card with the photo of Sarah and Dean is from the Montage Flair Series 2 pack by Ormolu.

On the right side of the layout, I used more of Emily Merritt's Spring Break Cards and that airplane card is from her Headed That Way kit. The "There's No Place Like Home" card is from Geralyn Sy's Family Journaling Cards pack. I think the sequins came in a recent Studio Calico kit and I added them to a 4x6 card from Emily Merritt's Wow Mom collab with Splendid Finns.

And I think that's it.

I realize I'm sharing things out of order, but I'll try to get back here tomorrow and post photos of Week 15, which covers the bulk of our vacation to San Diego!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!

1 comment:

Candace said...

love the bright pops of colour